Friday, December 09, 2005

Why Are They Called Days Off?

There’s some errand to run today. Maybe I’ll blog more later. The Christmas tree, purchased last Friday, was decorated last night. I would normally be against such premature Christmas activity, since it’s still Advent. But this is an argument I lose each year.

In any case, crass materialism is to blame: we have a vaulted ceiling and I lust for the experience of sitting in one corner and looking up to a real Christmas tree. And you can’t be sure of getting trees of this height later in Advent. So we have to go out as soon as the trees are unloaded and pay through the nose for Daddy’s (that’s me) obsession.

So last night my star and I cuddled up and sat in the relative dark and admired our tree. I’ll try to get a picture up of it later (the tree, not the cuddling), so you can be suitably warned against my folly.

No comments: