Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I AM A FREE CANADIAN

In the misty time of pre-consciousness, just before you wake up, I was explaining to someone this morning why it's important to vote. It boiled down to being a duty to exercise our free will to build up our humanity, rather than abandoning ourselves to the forces of history--which is just other people exercising their free will.


Apropos of that, let us join the blogburst for freedom:

BIG BLUE WAVE: I AM A FREE CANADIAN: In the spirit of Kathy Shaidle's call for a blogburst on freedom, I would like to say that I am a free Canadian because I am prepared to fight for my rights. I will not submit to any power that opposes my conscience when it comes to saying and doing what I think is right and necessary. Any power that tries to stop me is a tyranny, and I will not suffer to be oppressed.


'I am a Canadian,
a free Canadian,
free to speak without fear,
free to worship God in my own way,
free to stand for what I think right,
free to oppose what I believe wrong,
free to choose those who shall govern my country.
This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold
for myself and for all mankind.'


Read the rest...


(Via Big Blue Wave.)

No comments: