Monday, May 22, 2006

Some People Say It Better Than I Can

which doesn't stop me from blogging, mind you. Amy Welborn in this case, looks at the "this hasn't shaken my faith, heh, heh" reaction here.

It's no comfort that one of the comments talks about the "this doesn't bother me, but it's all those ignoramus's I'm worried about" types:
In order to accurately describe both (i) the stupidity of DVC and (ii) the fact that its stupidity doesn't make it safe, you have to do something that doesn't go over very well. You have to come right out and say, "DVC is no harm to my faith or my reason, but then I'm not an ignoramus; by contrast, most people don't know much about history, and they're at risk of being fooled by DVC, stupid though it is."

Are people who are likely to say something this undemocratic likely to get asked to do interviews on the radio?

Ouch! I guess I'm just a republican at heart. (Note the small "r" before attacking me, please.)

No comments: