Friday, August 11, 2006

Hopeful Signs

I've been following such small hands for awhile, in part because she's suffering the trials of dialysis. Now that she's been accepted on a transplant list (she's had one already, years ago), she looks forward to being freed from the chains that enslave dialysis patients: dietary restrictions, thrice-weekly visits to the clinic for several hours, needles, blood spills and other joys. I've been working as a technician in this field since 1975, so I've seen what these patients have to endure.

Each of us has trials to suffer through. And sometimes we can start feeling sorry for ourselves or react angrily: "Wny me?" But to be alive is to suffer trials. I commend her for her Christian courage in facing the trials God has allowed her to experience. May the Good Lord continue to bless her.

No comments: