Friday, September 30, 2005

My Magazines

I’ve also added links to the magazines I subscribe to. First Things is a first class magazine that is both intellectual and ecumenical. It tends to focus on things American, but is not parochial at all. It’s central theme is the interaction of religion and politics in modern democracies.

Catholic World Report is a good source for world news from a Catholic perspective. The new editor is Domenico Bettinelli, whose blog I also link to. It might be too self-consciously orthodox for some tastes, but I enjoy it.

And Logos is a quarterly Journal from the University of Saint Thomas in Saint Paul, Minnesota. It’s a Catholic intellectual journal but covers a broader range of issues than First Things.

And me with a high school diploma. Is it any wonder I can’t keep up with my reading?

No comments: