Sunday, October 02, 2005

Progress Report

The cold has settled in my head and chest. Oh! you weren’t interested in that were you?

Well, I managed to finish Ten Days to Destiny I’m glad my nephew loaned it to me. I hope he doesn’t mind me loaning it a nurse I work with. She’s half-Greek and interested in learning more about Greek History (in this case the battle for Crete, 1941). It could use a couple of more maps to help visualize the action of the various battles. But an engaging read nonetheless.

My next read should come from one of these:

• Books that are in progress:
  1. Greek for the Rest of Us, Mounce

  2. How to Reassess Your Chess, Silman

  3. I Believe in God, Claudel

  4. Inside Islam, Ali & Spencer

  5. Asking the Right Questions, Browne & Keeley

• books I possess but haven’t yet started reading:
  1. The Christian and Anxiety, von Balthasar

  2. Salvation is From the Jews, Schoeman

  3. The Phantom of the Opera, Leroux (a loan from my daughter)


There are others, I’m sure, including those I’ve already read but mean to read again. But let’s focus on a shorter set of lists for now and try to make progress. Given how heavy my head is right now maybe I’ll do The Phantom.

No comments: