Friday, September 10, 2010

Bent Larsen dies at 75

In the glorious days of my youth the greats of chess did battle and we all stood in awe. Bent Larsen was one of those greats. I partly took up the Grand Prix Attack because he was one of the first grandmasters (that I knew of) to practice it.


He played in the Grandmaster tournament on San Antonio in 1972, following Fischer's victory over Spassky. I met him and his wife on a street corner there. They were both so gracious to me and left a positive impression. I am sad at his passing.


Bent Larsen dies at 75:


Bent Larsen photographed in January 2010 by Peter Heine Nielsen.


Hello Everyone,

It is sad news that the great chess player Bent Larsen is no more.


Read the whole thing.

(Via Alexandra Kosteniuk's CHESSBLOG.COM.)

No comments: