Friday, May 22, 2009

Notre Dame: Another Perspective

Lest we be guilty of focussing exclusively on the negative and sensational here is another point of view:
DO YOU REALLY WANT TO HEAR MORE ABOUT ND?

[Robert Gotcher]




5/22/2009





Greg, close your ears.



Last night I ran into Matt Alderman, of Holy Whapping blog, at the Extraordinary Form celebration of the Mass of the Feast of the Ascension at St. Stan's parish in Milwaukee. He had a great post recently about the ND situation--one which I almost agree with completely, especially these comments:

The same students and the same student culture (both pious and less so) is still there on campus[I know this is true, because my son is there and my other son is beginning in August.], and indeed, I'd say the caliber of the Catholic student population has improved since my time there. This one incident has not changed any of this. I agree something should be done--but I also think this event ought not to be exploited by those with some sort of beef against this place, or are unaware of how the territory has changed in recent years.


Read the rest.


Courtesy of Heart, Mind & Strength.

No comments: