Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year

Many Blessings to you and yours in this New Year. I'm not much for the staying up until midnight thing. I was working yesterday evening and returned to a dark and empty house. The family had scattered to various locations to ring in the New Year. I would have preferred to go straight to bed, but the obligatory midnight phone calls kept me up.


On the other hand, New Year's Resolutions are a big thing with me. I have quite a list, all aimed at personal improvement: spiritual, intellectual and physical. My Chess-related resolutions will have to be reviewed in light of Dennis Monokroussos' advice:

The Chess Mind New Year's Resolutions:

The rest of the world may be different, but here in the U.S. of A. it's very popular to make resolutions for the new year.


Read the whole thing.

(Via The Chess Mind.)



No comments: