Thursday, November 27, 2008

BIG BLUE WAVE: A fetus is a human being. That’s a scientific fact

It's interesting to see that this is one of the premiere interactions in the cultural war over the moral liceity of abortions. "It's just a fetus" my beloved Aunt said to me many, many years ago. "But it sucks it's thumb, so what is it?" was my reply. She wasn't convinced, but it did startle her to form that image in her mind. Maybe the images are more powerful arguments than all the reasoning, after all?

BIG BLUE WAVE: A fetus is a human being. That’s a scientific fact: I thought I would reply to some comments on my blog with another posting because I want to write at length about this topic.

In response to my contention that it is a scientific fact that fetuses are human beings, Logically Speaking wrote:


Read the whole thing.

(Via Big Blue Wave.)



No comments: