Saturday, March 04, 2006

The Clash?

An inordinate amount of my limited blogging seems to be about Islam and what the future holds for Muslims and the rest of the world. Well, lets face it, I can't afford really good wine or beer (to brag about) and the Canucks aren't playing all that well. And, having grown up under the shadow of the Iron Curtain, it's a strange new world for old fogeys like me. 9/11 is still reverberating in my psyche.

Anyway, Kathy Shaidle of *Relapsed Catholic* links to an interesting essay by David Warren. He focuses on Dr. Wafa Sultan, apparently an apostate Muslim and fearless critic of Islamism. Her interview and debate on Al-Jazeera tv prompted this article.

But what niggles at the back of my mind in this search for moderate Muslims is how many of these have reached moderation by leaving Islam?

No comments: